Hi lovely people
It’s been a few weeks since my last post. I was extremely busy and tired and at one point my pre-scheduled post I made to bypass my lack of time, ran out too soon 🙁 But this week I’m back in business babes!
As you may know I am the proud owner of a Kobo e-reader. And even though I wasn’t really a fan of digital book over physical ones I was glad I made the decision. You can read the why right here! Spoiler alert, being a broke college student is a why :p
Because of my e-reader library being 112 books large, I have 112 books with me ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Every moment I can read (when it’s socially acceptable), I will read. And that how I got a slamming record of 38 books (39 if I hurry) this year. Which is big since I haven’t read more than 5 books a year the last 2 years :/ *shame* Our library isn’t that big, so at one point you run out of interesting books.
Let’s begin the AWESOME SUPER FANTASTIC
READING CHALLENGE RECAP 2017!!
They are in order of reading. I enjoyed all the books in this list, unless mentioned otherwise! If I really recommend one, it’s also mentioned. And of course I linked the book reviews I’ve written over the year as well!
This post contains affiliate links, which mean I may earn a little something if you buy through my links!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
recommended! I wrote a book review about this one! Read it right here!
- Charisma by Jeanne Ryan
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- It’s kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini
- Nerve by jeanne Ryan
you guessed it! BOOK REVIEW!
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
Love this! Read my book review here!
- The one memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
- Famous is Love by Rebecca Serle
- Truly, madly, famously by Rebecca Serle
- This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Amazing story about a school shooting!
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- The Treatment by Suzanne Young
- The Remedy by Suzanne Young
- The Epidemic by Suzanne Young
Binge-read the entire series during exams, AMAZING (I passed the all by the way!) If you like the Hunger Games and Divergent, you will adore these!
- One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus
Great story! Murder meets the Breakfast Club –> YES a book review!
- Girl Online on Tour by Zoe Sugg
- Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg
- Simon vs. the Homo sapiens agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
NO, just burn it (I’m sorry)
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
- Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
- Rise if the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
I’m a sucker for Disney stories! Descendants fans here is your heaven! (shhhh it ain’t children’s books…)
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR! and yup here’s the review!
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katerine Paterson
- Talking as fast as I can by Lauren Graham
read it twice, second time accompanied by the audiobook voiced by Queen Lauren herself, of course!
- Holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven
I do recommend to read this book before you read All the Bright Places. Because it’s good, but All the Bright Places is better.
- Autumn Falls by Bella Thorne
It was a nice story, but not exciting enough to read the sequels.
- The Amazing Book is not on Fire by Dan Howell & Phil Lester
Read this in combination with the audiobook! Their voices made it even better!
- Dreamology by Luce Keating
Weird, but very cool.
- Definition of Indefinable Things by Whitney Taylor
- Behind Closed doors by B.A. Paris
This book gave me chills!!!
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
So much potential, but so little of it was used… :/
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Because, yes, I do read adult books! And this one happened to be amazing! aka I wrote a review!
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
You should read the review and decide for yourself, it’s a mixed opinion.
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
You’ll have to take a search for the original yourself since I don’t find my version on amazon, sorry!
- What to say next by Julie Buxbaum
- Literally by Lucy Keating
Again weird, but nice!!
- Kill All Happies by Rachel Cohn
Opinion… I’m not quite convinced.
And that was it for this year!! That was a long list, or not. I don’t know how many books you read per year! If you have any recommendations for 2018, don’t hesitate and comment them below!!