Get your washi tape out, peeps. This week I have another, way too late, school DIY. But what else to do between learning tests. Better do something creative, instead of mindlessly scrolling through your facebook feed. This will be a Bethany Mota inspired DIY (don’t know her? 😮 Look her up immediately!) I do have one little problem with this DIY, The first steps aren’t on pictures, I realised too late that I could use this for a post :s sorry!
First things first… What will you need!
1. Like I said… WASHI TAPE!!
2. Some thick coloured paper!
And that’s it, now we can start the real deal! 😀
So, like I said the first steps aren’t with pictures, because I forgot. But I assure you it is a piece of cake.
Step 1. Buy and cheap, ordinary, (ugly), notepad.
Step 2. Pick your favorite colour of the papers and glue it on. you can also use the scotch tape for this. Life hack on sticky tape… If you don’t have double sided tape, no probs.
Take the normal tape and stick the end to each other, making a circle. (sticky side, outside!)
3. I started with putting washi tape around the edges of the pad. So that the coloured paper would stay on. Very easy!
When that’s done you can do what you want with it, but I’ll show you what I did. (this is were the pictures will start!)
4. With some miss bought wrapping paper, shiny white and sticky, I made a mini white board with it! So if you have a test for that class you can see it right on top of your notepad!! 🙂
To make that look a bit prettier, I put washi tape around that, too. I did cut the tape in half, because it was to thick, otherwise. (!Attention: cutting longer pieces of washi tape in the middle can be tricky!)
5. I kept it simple now. To finish it up I just made a little name card to put underneath. So you know what notepad is for which class!
6. PERSONALISE! Use photo’s, drawings, or other things to make this notepad really yours! I haven’t found a good picture yet 🙁 But I will!
I use my notepad for my resumes, because I always lose them and lost notes aren’t very useful when you have exams.
I did get a lot of compliments of people of my class, so I guess it must be pretty cool 😉
Hope you like it as well!