This post contains affiliate links, only stuff I really recommend!
The days flew by and a new monday has arrived! I hope you all had a great week, and that this one will be even better!
I’m going to do something different this week. Maybe I’ll classify it under ‘update’ post? I don’t know yet. Anyway last friday was something special, and I would love to share it with you all!
This is my second year in college and even though all my friends live less than 15 minutes away, I never saw them. I saw my best friend max. 5 times last years, and the others even less. Now we are determined to change that. Our plan? Organise out very own Come Dine With Me – Dorm Edition spread over the whole school year!
I was the one to bear the brunt (is that the saying?). And it was so amazing to see all my friends again and not at an overcrowed party or a loud cafe. Just all of us together at my dorm. I’m looking forward to the next one! (but first Halloween ~ to be continued). We talked, ate, talked some more, it was absolutely incredible. We haven’t has a moment like this in forever and it felt so natural like we do this every day. That’s friendship guys!
Side note: this was mostly done in typical Come Dine With Me characters, I was the dumb one.
Since I obviously can’t provide details of our awesome conversations, because I wouldn’t make any sense I’ll just leave you with some photo’s of the night (from my phone). I’m sorry for the low quality, but it seemed a bit mood breaking to be taking thousands of pictures for this post.
Here are some chumminess picture. No friend photo’s though, but you’ll get my gorgeous face!
My menu of the night (with recipes)
I’m sorry the menu is in Dutch, but it looks pretty right?
Tomato – mozzarella crackers
it’s pretty obvious
Put a piece of mozzarella and a cherry tomato in a cracker (optional: add some pesto)
cucumber – salmon crackers
put a slice of cucumber on the cracker
smear some philadelphia cheese on it
and top it of with a slice of smoked salmon
I made pasta pesto with avocado, chicken nuggets and bacon
(again nothing to complex, had to prep it all after school)
ingredients (2 pers)
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts
- pesto (homemade or bought)
- 2 ripe avocados
- a few slices of breakfast bacon
- 2 to 3 eggs
- olive oil
- cut the chicken breasts in long pieces (I found that this is much easier than squared chicken pieces)
- scramble the eggs and season them with salt, pepper and paprika powder
- submerge the chicken in the eggs
- Cover the chicken pieces in flour
- submerge in egg again
- cover them in breadcrumbs
- put in the fridge and on to the next step!
- mash the avocados till mushy and mix with the pesto, then add seasoning to your liking (salt, pepper) and put in the fridge for later.
- cut the bacon in pieces, as big or as small as you like.
The Real Deal
- fill a bowl with boiling water, add olive oil and salt and add the pasta
- take a pan and fill un to 2 cm with olive oil and put it on the fire.
- Take a second pan at the ready for later.
- take the chicken nuggets and fry them in the olive oil
- when most of the nuggets are done start making the bacon strips in the second pan
- don’t forget to stir the pasta every once in a while and take out the water when ready
- take the pesto avocado out the fridge
- put it all on the table et voila, it looks fancier than it actually is :p
Moelleux au chocolate
ingredients (2 pers)
- 25g baking flour
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 55g butter
- 50g (Belgian 😉 ) dark chocolate
- vanilla ice cream
- red berries
- Melt the chocolate and the butter (together) on a low heat
- mix the whole egg, the egg yolk with the sugar. Mix untill there are no more lumps
- add the flour to the sugar mix
- add the melted chocolate and butter to the mix
- add a pinch of salt
- let it cool in the fridge for a few hours (so you kan make this in the morning/at noon, safes you a lot of time!)
The Real Deal
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
- Put cupcake paper in a cupcake tray (that way you don’t have to butter up your tray and they easier to get out of the tray with the papers
- add the moelleux mix in the cupcake papers
- bake the moelleux 8 (max 10) minutes in the oven, still on 210°C (baking time depends on type of oven)
- take the moelleux out the oven, put on a plate, add a scoop of ice scream and the berries
- Serve them immediately !
- Bon appetite!
And there you go, a whole worked out fancy looking menu!
I hope you like this, if you do I wouldn’t mind you sharing it 😉
If you like more recipe ideas, here is a Easy chicken couscous recipe (I like chicken)